Wednesday, August 18, 2004

So tired

So freaking tired all of the sudden. The network at work has gone all to shit, as have the phone systems in the farther-flung sites. I think work is telling me in no uncertian terms that it wants me to leave and go do something more fun until things straighten themselves out again.

I killed my potential job at Cambridge Health Alliance today. Just flat turned down a $84k/year job offer coz I just didn't feel like a-doin' it. I can see project managing something if you are familiar with it, but I'd have two additional things to project manage there, both of which I have no experience with at all. Top that off with the fact that there is only on-street parking, in which you have to move your car every two freakin hours and I say No Thank You. I can't see ebing overwhelmed with a new job and having to be interrupted four times a day to fight for scarce street parking. I'll stay with my job here 'till something comes up in Maine.

On the plus side, I was able to disassemble my ruger magazine last night, clean it, and reassemble it. Hopefully it will still feed cartridges- I'll find out today, if I can duck out of work for a quick break.

Work places ought to have napping rooms available to employees.


No comments: